Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odourless, colourless and tasteless gas. It is produced from the partial oxidation of carbon-containing compounds. If there is not enough oxygen to produce carbon dioxide (CO2), then this is when it forms. For example when using a stove in an enclosed space.
If exposed to high levels of CO, breathing it in can make you very poorly, and it can even kill. There are over 200 people yearly going to hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in the UK, which leads to around 50 deaths.
For piece of mind to protect yourself and your family, we always carry carbon Monoxide alarms on our vans, so if you wish to purchase one, then please ask.